Belize is located in the tropical heart of Central America, south of Mexico and east of Guatemala, Belize is just a short flight from the U.S. — 2.5 hours from Dallas and 2 hours from Miami and Houston.
There are many reasons why investors are flocking to invest in Placencia, Belize vacation homes real estate. Just look at some of the accolades this beautiful Caribbean paradise has recently received:
- Placencia, Belize was name by The New York Times as one of the Top Places to Visit in 2017.
- Belize was named by Caribbean Dateline Magazine as, “The best long-range investment site in the Caribbean.”
- International Living Magazine named Belize as their “Top choice for retirement destinations worldwide.”
On top of the natural beauty, sub-tropical climate and friendly people, investors find that they get so much more than just a great investment:
- Low income and property taxes.
- English speaking country.
- Low cost of living.
- Good standard of health.
- No restrictions on foreigners purchasing property in Belize (a foreigner has the same rights as a Belizean citizen to freehold property ownership).
- Legal system based on British common law (Belize is a Commonwealth Country).
- Excellent tax-free retirement packages available.
- No visas (only passports) required for citizens of the U.S., European Union or Commonwealth countries.
- Tax and banking benefits for people who are looking to invest in the area, including offshore banking.
Anyone considering retiring and relocating to Belize should take advantage of the Qualified Retirement Program (QRP). Passed in 1999, the QRP is available to anyone over the age of 45 who can demonstrate a guaranteed income of at least $2,000 a month. Qualifying for the program is easy and relatively inexpensive. Those who qualify are allowed to bring all household goods, a vehicle, boat and even an airplane into Belize free of import duties every five years. As an added incentive, residency is granted to QRP participants almost immediately.